South Canterbury Basketball Association
Basketball is played year round and caters for beginners, school, social and competitive players.
Check out www.southcanterburybasketball.co.nz for draws, club contacts and other details.
- Miniball Years 1-6, September to November on Mondays and Tuesdays, all skills catered for with registrations through local schools.
- Years 7 and 8, March to June on Thursdays, all skills catered for, registrations through local schools.
- Secondary School, May to August on Friday evenings
- Senior, May to September on Thursday evenings.
- Summer Social League, October to February on Monday evenings.
|Phone||03 686 2906|
South Canterbury Netball Association
- Premier Grade, May to August on Wednesday evenings.
- Junior development programme and practices for representative squads are held May to July.
|Phone||03 686 0187|
Aoraki Volleyball Association
Secondary Schools Competition, Oct-Nov and Feb-Apr, Friday evenings
|Phone||03 688 4793|
Futsal is an indoor 5-a-side football (soccer) game. The game is not played within nets, instead using the outline of a netball court.
Competition games Wednesday afternoons and evenings during September-December and February-April. Register as an individual or team.
|Contact||Paula Irvine, District Manager Football South|
|Phone||027 637 4775 or 03 693 8594|
South Canterbury Badminton Association
Secondary Schools Competition, March to July on Monday evenings. Register through your local secondary school.
|Phone||03 688 0501 (evenings)|
Timaru Indoor Netball Zone
All year round competition Tuesday evenings Jan-Sep and Thursday evenings Sep-Dec
|Contact||Jaime and Clint Broomhall|
Aoraki Secondary Schools Sport
Volleyball, basketball, badminton and netball tournaments are held in the Centre at various times throughout the year
|Phone||03 929 2508|
Played on Thursday mornings, 9.30am to 11.30am at The Southern Trust Events Centre. Subject to other use of the Centre, so please call 03 686 0461 to check. Cost is $2.50
Active for Life
Physical activity classes designed for people who want to be active and to increase fitness and wellbeing. Fun sessions. Tuesday and Thursday Light Circuit @ 9am; Wednesday Low Impact Activity @ 9.30am.
Brought to you by Sport Canterbury, ph 03 929 2519 or 03 929 2501 for more details.
Gym for Hire
Variety of equipment including pin and free weights, cardio gear and mats. Ideal for sports teams, community groups, school groups, weight training and exercise classes.
Contact the Centre on 03 686 0461 to inquire or make a booking.
Various sessions each week during term time. Novice through to advanced. Call Pilates 4 U on 03 684 7587.