South Canterbury Basketball Association
Basketball is played year round and caters for beginners, school, social and competitive players.
Check out www.southcanterburybasketball.co.nz for draws, club contacts and other details.
- Miniball Years 3-6, September to November on Mondays and Tuesdays, all skills catered for with registrations through local schools.
- Years 7 and 8, March to June on Mondays, all skills catered for, registrations through local schools.
- Secondary School, May to August on Friday evenings
- Senior, May to September on Sunday and Monday evenings.
- Summer Social League, October to February on Monday evenings.
|Phone||03 686 2906|
South Canterbury Netball
- Premier Grade, May to August on Wednesday evenings.
- Junior development programme and practices for representative squads are held May to July.
|Phone||03 686 0187|
Aoraki Volleyball Association
Secondary Schools Competition, Oct-Nov and Feb-Apr, Friday evenings
Futsal is an indoor 5-a-side football (soccer) game. The game is not played within nets, instead using the outline of a netball court.
Competition games Wednesday afternoons and evenings during September-December and February-April. Register as an individual or team.
South Canterbury Badminton Association
Secondary Schools Competition, April to August on Monday evenings. Register through your local secondary school.
|Phone||03 688 0501 (evenings)|
Timaru Indoor Netball Zone
All year round competition, Thursday evenings Feb-Dec.
|Contact||Jaime and Clint Broomhall|
Aoraki Secondary Schools Sport
Volleyball, basketball, badminton and netball tournaments are held in the Centre at various times throughout the year
|Phone||03 929 2506 (Shaun) 03 9292508 (Kate)|
Played on Thursday mornings, 9.30am to 11.30am at The Southern Trust Events Centre. Subject to other use of the Centre, so please call 03 687 7289 to check. Cost is $2.50
Active for Life
Physical activity classes designed for people over 50 who want to be active and to increase fitness and wellbeing. Fun sessions.
Brought to you by Sport Canterbury, ph 03 929 2519 or 03 929 2501 for more details. You can also find more information on their website.
Gym for Hire
Variety of equipment including pin and free weights, cardio gear and mats. Ideal for sports teams, community groups, school groups, weight training and exercise classes.
Contact the Centre on 03 6877289 to inquire or make a booking.